What's an Environmental Merit Award?
These awards honor companies that have demonstrated extraordinary efforts above and beyond normal NBC discharge compliance requirements, as well as companies that have achieved perfect compliance records in meeting NBC regulatory requirements. We seek nominations of outstanding companies whose environmental efforts demonstrate innovation and commitment controlling wastewater discharges to the NBC system.
How do we qualify for an award?
To be eligible for an Environmental Merit Award, the applicant must be located within the NBC service district and must be in good standing with all NBC rules and regulations.
What are the criteria for an award?
The following criteria will be used to evaluate each applicant:
- Volume/toxicity reduction of pollutants
- Demonstrated commitment to sound environmental management practices
- Employee participation
- Benefits to workers and the community
- Applicability of pollution prevention efforts for use by other companies
- Extraordinary efforts to go beyond compliance and/or demonstrate innovative approaches to waste management
Why should my company participate?
Recipients of Environmental Merit Awards are honored at a special ceremony. Recipients receive a trophy, a certificate, and are acknowledged in an NBC publication. In addition, advertisements in statewide newspaper highlight the award winners.
Click here to download an Environmental Merit Award application.
For more information, please contact Jim Kelly, Technical Analysis and Compliance Manager, The Narragansett Bay Commission, 1 Service Road, Providence, RI 02905, email@example.com